NUS EXTRA Discount Card
NUS extra, the #1 student discount card, brings you over 200 UK student discounts and comes with 1 year FREE ISIC unlocking over 42,000 international discounts.
Buy your card now.
1, 2 or 3 Year Cards
Choose from a 1-year card for just £12, a 2-year card for £22 or a 3-year card for only £32. Many discounts are online only so you can’t get them without your NUS extra card!
NUS extra has the best student discounts around that you can use online and in store. Top brands include:
- 10% off at The Co-operative Food
- 5% off at Amazon
- 10% off ASOS
- 25% off Odeon student priced tickets
42,000 International Discounts
The NUS extra card comes with 1 year free ISIC. The ISIC card is the only internationally accepted proof of certified student status.
The International Student Identity Card (ISIC) is your access to fantastic discounts and services at home and around the world.
Buy your card now.
We also have great deals with NUS and our GRadcard during graduation, click here to find out more!
The National Union of Students
The National Union of Students (NUS) is one of the largest student organisations in the world and represents the interests of around five million students in further and higher education throughout the United Kingdom.
It is a voluntary membership organisation comprising of over 750 local student representative organisations in colleges and universities throughout the United Kingdom. Every one of these is known as a constituent member (CM) and pays an annual subscription fee to the NUS. The funds raised from affiliation fees are used to fund the campaigns and activities of the National Union, including the running of all of the democratic structures in which the union is entitled to take part.
Your University ID card doubles as your NUS democracy card, allowing you to vote in NUS & Students’ Union elections. It is also shown that you’re entitled to use the Union building and services.
Benefits for Constituent Members
Through being a constituent member of the NUS, Cardiff University Students' Union has access to the following services from the National Union:
- National representation and campaigning (including, but not limited to, national conferences, government initiatives, and higher education research).
- The opportunity to engage in national and local policy-making.
- Collective purchasing (Students' Unions receive cheaper prices for bulk buying goods to be sold within venues and cafes. These discounts are passed on to students through the cheaper prices we charge in our bars, shops and food outlets).
- Ethical clothing sales
- The NUS Extra discount card (this card is not available to students who are members of Unions who disaffiliate from their constituent membership).
- Support for running elections.
- Training and development opportunities for our part-time and full-time student Elected Officers, as well as Students' Union staff.
- Crisis consultancy.