Help for if you have been a victim of crime, witnessed a crime, have been arrested or wish to make a complaint against the police

If you have been a victim of crime or witnessed a crime and need to report this, you need to contact Staffordshire Police:

  • For non-emergency calls and enquiries call Staffordshire Police  - 101
  • For emergencies call - 999
  • If you are calling from outside the Staffordshire area call 0300 123 4455 (for non-emergency calls) 
  • To contact Staffordshire Police from abroad call (+44)1785 236211


If you have been a victim of crime Staffordshire Victim Gateway is a free  & confidential service the provides information and advice, or practical and emotional support to victims of crime in Staffordshire even if you haven't reported the crime to the police.

You can contact them at: 0330 0881 339 or at


If you have been arrested and want to know your rights, take a look at this leaflet: - Bust Card

If you have been arrested and want to contact a local solicitors you can contact Atticus Solicitors based in Newcastle on their emergency 24 hours helpline - 07659 160 538 or non emergency number 01782 629840

If you have a complaint about the Police you can use the Independent Office for Police Conduct complaints procedure.  More details and how to do this can be found at the Complaints section of their website -