There is a really exciting opportunity coming up to volunteer for the Catalyst Film Festival, taking part between the 28th and 30th March 2019. The Festival focuses on engaging with diverse audiences to start the conversations that can create positive social change. Full weekend tickets will beprovided for all volunteers, food and travel costs will be refunded thaks to the support of Keele Key Fund.
The Event is ran by The Movie Mavericks who consists of a small team of young creative producers and students and their works deliver various projects, often using non-conventional disused spaces as pop up cinema venues, such as a courtrooms, alleyways, and a Ukrainian Ski resort.
The film festival needs volunteers for a whole variety of roles leading up to the festival and during its run which takes place on:
- Thursday 28th March 2018: Opening Ceremony & Film Screening of BlackKklansman
Norsaca, Lindsey Annex, Cannon Place, Hanley, ST1 4EP 7pm-10pm (afterparty venue tbc)
- Friday 29th March 5pm-9:30pm & Saturday 30th March 10am-7pm
North Staffordshire Conference Centre Hartshill Rd,ST4 7NY.
(based within the North Staffordshire medical research institute charity building).
Volunteers will receive free tickets for themselves and two friends. Travel from campus and refreshments will also be provided for all creative workshops, training and volunteering.
Volunteer Roles Required During the Festival:
- Event Stewards – Needed for each of the three days to help facilitate the festival and chaperone guests.
- Filmmakers – Videographers and Social Action Campaigners to document some or all of the festival.
- Speakers, Workshop Facilitators & Stall Holders – Will be based within North Staffordshire Conference Centre.
- Film Festival Jury - Must be available to view films at North Staffordshire Conference Centre on the Friday evening on the 29th of March & and the following day Saturday the 30th March.
Creative Volunteer Roles Required now until 15th April:
- Film Curators
- Marketing and Social Media Assistants
- Venue Dressing & Design Assistants
- Programme Design Assistants
- Graphic Design (Marketing Materials)
Logistical Roles Required now until the 15th April:
- Transport – Helping to book and manage transport.
- First Point of Contact For Speakers - Help in preparing organisation of festival
- Evaluation- Collect and evaluate relevant data - training provided
There will be an information session held on Thursday the 7th of March at 5:30pm- 6:30pm in the MARS room of the SU to find out more about the roles and the times they are required. Please attend if you are interested in any of the roles.
For more information and to apply for any of these roles please email: Holly Norcop on email@example.com
Feel free to also email us at SU.Volunteering@keele.ac.uk for advice or to be a mediator in your application.
All the Best,