Become a Community Champion
Throughout the year, our Community Champions will be further developing our staple #NeverOK campaign, which encourages all members of the Keele community to become active bystanders and speak out to challenge all forms of unacceptable and discriminatory behaviour.
You are also welcome to be involved in the co-production and delivery of upcoming #NeverOK-related events happening at Keele, including but not limited to:
- Our 'Be Better, Do Better' anti-racist events
- Disability History Month (18 Nov-18 Dec, 2020)
- LGBT+ History Month (February, 2021)
- Sexual Violence Awareness Week (1-7 February, 2021)
- International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (21 March, 2021)
- Trans Day of Visibility (31st March, 2021)
What can we offer?
- Work closely with staff from the SU and Student Services in shaping campaigns aimed at building awareness, challenging discrimination, stereotypes and microaggressions, and supporting our community to create a culture of change.
- The opportunity to shadow the staff team as they deliver the #NeverOK module
- Training opportunities
What's in it for you?
- Hours towards your KeeleSU Volunteering Awards
- Increase your knowledge and understanding of diverse lived experiences of different marginalised groups
- Build your skills around campaigning and activism
- Develop, improve and hone you presentation skills and style
- Add practical experience to your CV
This is a student volunteer role, so you can offer us as much or as little time as you're able to. We're happy for you to be involved in the campaign in any way that you'd like.
If this sounds like something that interest you, sign up here and we'll be in touch!
Other Ways to get involved in #NeverOK
#NeverOK is a staple campaign for the union and university. We are always looking for societies, sports teams and students generally to get involved and boost the message of #NeverOK wherever they can. Campaigning can be anything from hosting a stall on campus, organising an educational event or running a social media campaign.
Are you interested in supporting the #NeverOK campaign? Get in touch with us at email@example.com.