Group of students

Disabled Students

Financial Support for disabled students

Students don't normally have access to benefits but there are some exceptions if you have disabilities.

If you would like to know more about any of these benefits and/or how to claim you can come into ASK and speak to an adviser.



Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Universal Credit with housing element

If you're eligible for Universal Credit you may also get the housing element to help you with rent. This can be paid if you live in university accommodation or rent from a private landlord.

For more information about Universal Credit you can visit: (with more specific student information here)

Citizens Advice

Disability Rights UK

Turn2us (with more specific student information here)