We have put together some top tips to guide you through your first year at Keele and make it the best it can be!
- Join KeeleSU on Social Media. Find us on Facebook: KeeleSU and our Student Life private group: Keele University Student Life 2018/19. Twitter: @KeeleSU Instagram: keelesu
- Break the ice with your flatmates. If you’re living in shared accommodation, they’re likely to be the first people you meet and may grow to be a huge part of your time at Keele.
- Find out about all the support you can get at Keele. You don't have to wait until there is a problem to make use of the services available.
- Read all about plagiarism and how to avoid problems with referencing - Could save you a lot of time and problems.
- Visit our Fairs. Sports Fair is on the Sunday 23rd September, Society Sign Up on Monday 24th and Tuesday 25th September and our Freshers' Fair on Monday 24th has free Domino’s Pizza on offer.
- Get a Keele University Hoody. Pop into the Union shop in the ground floor of KeeleSU to pick this up.
- Make a budget when you get your Student Loan. It sounds boring but it’s better to know EXACTLY how much money you have leftover after accommodation fees
- Get yourself on Totum. The new lifestyle app from NUS. Search TOTUM in your app store now.
- Don't skip any lectures! As tempting as it is to have those extra few hours sleep, you'll regret it later in the year when it comes to completing your assignments
- Stay safe on nights out. We pride ourselves on keeping you safe during our programme of events during freshers and beyond, but you should always stick together and look after each other, too.
- Make your voice heard. Register to vote in general and local elections when you move in and check out all the ways you can get involved with Keele's Student Voice. We run Union General Meetings (UGMs) throughout the year and this is the best place to make a change! This is your union and we're passionate about you leading the way.
- Always use protection. We offer FREE condoms from KeeleSU to help protect yourself against STI’s and unwanted pregnancy. Pick them up from ASK.
- Get a bus pass. Bus passes are the best way to explore the town. Get yours from KeeleSU Reception when you arrive.
Don’t forget to join the only official Keele Facebook Group