For all vehicles:
In addition to the above for minibuses over 9 Seats:
- All drivers must have held their license for a minimum of 2 years (from the date the test was passed) and be 21 years of age or over.
- There must be no current endorsements, disqualifications or penalties on the license.
- The driver must have no medical conditions which may affect there driving or conditions which are reportable to the DVLA.
- The driver must also declare any recent personal motor insurance claims and accidents or refusal of insurance.
Drivers of minibuses with more than 9 seats must have the D1 entitlement on their license in order to drive for hire or reward purposes. Drivers of a normal car (B) license can drive up to 16 passenger seats as long as the following is met:
- You drive on behalf of a non-commercial body for social purposes but not for hire or reward (unless operating under a permit);
- You are aged 21 or over;
- You have held a car (category B) license for at least 2 years;
- You are providing your service on a voluntary basis;
- The minibus maximum weight is not more than 3.5 tonnes excluding any specialist equipment for the carriage of disabled passengers.
Drivers who do not have D1 must not accept any hire or reward for their services. It must be completely voluntary. It is the responsibility of the driver and user to ensure this is met. The driver is responsible for ensuring they hold the correct license to drive the vehicle used.
Only approved pre-booked drivers are permitted to drive KeeleSU vehicles. Allowing other unapproved persons to drive would invalidate insurance so would be driving illegally and is in breach of these terms and conditions of use.
By completeing the booking process and driver declaration form you are declaring that the above particulars are true and correct to the best of your knowledge and that no material information which would affect the vehicles insurer’s assessment or acceptance of this risk has been withheld.
The driver solely holds the responsibility to ensure they meet the above conditions at all times and a driver MUST inform Keele SU of any changes in circumstances to the declaration. Declarations must also re-take place on an annual basis during the current University academic year.