|Chemical and Physical Sciences
|Nursing and Midwifery
|Computing and Maths
What are the Responsibilities of a Lead School Voice Rep?
- To gather the views of Student Voice Representatives
- To read the minutes of all SSVCs (Student Staff Voice Committees) within their school to seek out any ongoing issues and to keep abreast of updates within their Schools
- To attend School Education Committees (SECs) as a Student Representative
- To submit short reports to KeeleSU Student Voice, which will be submitted to Faculty Education Committees (FECs) (Lead Voice Reps may be invited to attend FEC meetings to speak about a particular subject)
- To organise forums (1 per semester) for Student Voice Representatives within their school
- To work with Schools on any relevant projects, events or committees which require student representation (such as reviews of Schools, ie Internal Quality Audits and validation events)
- To meet once per semester with the Education Officer and Student Voice department to update on work completed
What skills and qualities are we looking for in Lead Voice Representatives?
1) Ability to act on own initiative to develop interesting and innovative ways of communicating with students.
2) Ability to communicate clearly and constructively with University staff and fellow students in verbal and written form.
3) Ability to build strong and professional relationships with a range of people.
4) Ability to convey different points of view and represent the opinions of a diverse group of students in a constructive and diplomatic way.
5) Constructive approach to dealing with problems.
6) Experience of being an academic representative and a history of good engagement in meetings and at training events.
7) Ability to work to deadlines in a self-motivated manner.
8) Knowledge and history of engagement within the school and the university community more broadly.
You have to be a Student Voice Rep in order to become a Lead School Voice Rep.
To apply to become a Lead Voice Rep please complete this form; https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd9AscT9LJHil3000J04r9W_J59tqdyaSd8U5TLQxNzkDF7cg/viewform?usp=sf_link
Click here for a report template to submit to Student Voice at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org