Aromatherapy for Childbirth
Aromatherapy for Childbirth equips midwives, doulas and other birth workers with ready-to-practice confidence and competence to apply aromatherapy for women in labour.
Study anytime, anywhere with the online learning platform e-course.
This course is accredited by the Royal College of Midwives (RCM) International Federation of Aromatherapists (IFA). The IFA awards 7 CPD points for completing our course.
Evidence-based, safety-conscious, affordable and fun. This course is accessible yet will get you thinking in the refreshing dynamic way that aromatherapy can. Always developing and expanding our knowledge, our study days are continually updated in view of new ideas and evidence.
Sign up to register your interest in completing the course. The course dates will be confirmed in early 2023 along with prices.
THERE ARE 30 PLACES AVAILABLE - Members have priority over signing up interest. We are aiming to reduce the cost if we get enough demand, so please register your interest!
Once we have confirmed amount of interest in a place, we will confirm the cost and access to the e-learning course, at which you have 7 weeks to complete the course.
This course is accredited and can be done in your own time!
- The Royal College of Midwives (RCM) is the UK’s professional organisation and trade union run by and for midwives, and to which most UK midwives belong. Its aim is to promote quality and professional standards in midwifery. In gaining accreditation from the RCM we demonstrate that our study day and e-course have been rigorously assessed for quality and evaluated to ensure it is relevant for practising midwives and meets professional standards.
ACCREDITED BY THE IFA
The International Federation of Aromatherapists (IFA) has externally assessed both our study day and e-course and found them to meet the Qualifications Credit Framework (QCF) standards. The IFA, a worldwide professional body, established in 1985, awards qualifications, regulates and registers globally qualified and regulated aromatherapists who engage in evidence-based practice for the safety of the public. For those of you collecting points, completion of our Aromatherapy for Childbirth course earns you 7 CPD points.
EVIDENCE-BASED CURRICULUM Evidence-based clinical and holistic Aromatherapy practice is developing at a fast rate and is an exciting field to work in. Our curriculum encompasses searches of the literature and guidance from The Nursing and Midwifery Council and other sources of information. The art of traditional aromatherapy methods blends.
- Become proficient in the use of 5 essential oils & carrier oils
- Respond to the complex needs of women in labour
- Individualise treatments using varied applications
- Give & receive therapeutic massage
- Active birth techniques & acupressure
- Printed reference manual or e-books if learning online
- Techniques sensitive to the birth workers' environment
- Case study exercises
- Blend oils for the physical & psychological aspects of childbirth
- Safe, effective, legal & ethical with the evidence to inform the safe and effective use of essential oils.