Thursday 8th February 2024
Welcome to my latest report on what I’ve been up to, this is everything I’ve done since the last UGM on Tuesday 5th December.
Society Spotlight, Club of Keele and Execs Give it a Go!
- As part of changes to this year's campaign, our AU and Societies Executives attended these sessions, which was a major success!
- Applications will reopen for semester 2 in the next couple weeks so keep an eye out!
- We had 7 applications from clubs and 8 from societies, with a total of __ sessions attended by __ of our executives.
- I am planning long term changes to the campaign and integrating taster sessions year-round as part of weekly AU activities so if you want more info or have any feedback on these changes please come along to our AU Council on Wednesday 21st February, 6pm in the Squirrel (come in social attire!).
BUCS AGM and Fees
- Before the winter break, I attended the BUCS AGM where an increase in membership fees was decided.
- Fees will increase by 6.1% for next year, this will have a knock-on effect on the AU membership fees for the 2024/25 academic year as these new fees will need to be reflected in the price, what this price will be hasn’t been decided yet.
On the same note as AU Council, we also have our next Societies Forum also in the Squirrel the following day, Thursday 22nd February 5pm – 6pm so please come along! We will be discussing important society topics including the new freedom of speech legislation, don’t know what that is or why you should care? Come along and find out!
Semester 2 Events prep
- I have been helping with prep for Society and AU Awards, AU Summer Ball, and Varsity, as well as planning for This Keele Girl Can I hope to launch next month, keep an eye out for updates on these and for our annual Varsity competition next month!